Here are answers to the Thanksgiving quiz from November 24.
1. When and where was the first Thanksgiving held in the Thirteen Colonies?
The Berkeley Hundred in Virginia on December 4, 1619.
2. In what year did Thanksgiving become a Federal holiday?
3. What famous song identified as a Christmas carol was originally written for Thanksgiving?
"Jingle Bells" or "One Horse Open Sleigh," as it was original called.
4. In What year was the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade held (originally called the Macy's Christmas Day Parade, even though it was held on Thanksgiving?
5. What was one of the first four balloons in the parade and the first based on an animated character?
Felix the Cat
6. What happened to many of the pre-World War II balloons at the start of World War II?
They were donated to the government to help in the war effort (rubber was in high demand).
7. On what network was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade originally aired?
8. In what year did the Underdog balloon debut?
9. In what decade was the phrase "Black Friday" applied to the day after Thanksgiving?
10. What movie star celebrated his 120th birthday on Black Friday last year (clue: he starred in a movie called, well, Black Friday)?