Here are answers to the Summer Blockbuster Quiz from May 24.
1. What summer blockbuster now regarded as a classic was released on August 25, 1939?
The Wizard of Oz
2. The Sea Hawk, released on July 1, 1940, starred Errol Flynn as Captain Geoffrey Thorpe. What was the name of his ship?
3. Released on June 30, 1948 in the United Kingdom and July 30, 1951 in the United States, what was the title of this David Lean adaptation of a Charles Dickens novel?
4. What classic film starring Steve McQueen, released on July 4, 1963, centred on a group of Allied prisoners of war escaping from a Nazi PoW camp?
The Great Escape
5. Jaws, released June 20, 1975, was based on a novel by what author?
6. In Star Wars, now known as Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, what actor did George Lucas consider for the role of Obi Wan Kenobi before Alec Guiness?
7. What was the original name of Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark?
Indiana Smith. Steven Spielberg disliked the name, so Lucas suggested "Jones" instead.
8. Twister helped cement what now established Hollywood tradition?
Released May 10, 1996, it helped move the traditional start of the summer movie season from Memorial Day to earlier in May.
9. Before Willem Dafoe was cast as The Green Goblin, what other two actors were considered for the part in Spider-Man?
Nicholas Cage and John Malkovich
10. What three other directors had been set to direct Iron Man before Jon Favreau?
Quentin Tarentino, Joss Whedon, and Nick Cassavetes.
Into The New Year
2 months ago