As regular readers of this blog probably already know, Beth of the lovely voice laid down a challenge for me at the first of the year. The challenge was simply this: I must create and post one pop culture quiz a month in A Shroud of Thoughts. The quizzes can have a single theme or simply be a collection of random things. At the end of 2008, the reader who has accumulated the most points throughout the year will win a pop culture related prize. For those of you curious about the prize, I decided that it will be a pop culture related key chain of the winner's choice, to cost no more than $5.00 (minus sales tax). The price limit is for the simple fact that I can't afford platinum plated key chains... I'll provide the answers around the end of the month.
For this month's quiz the topic is simply TV shows which aired in the Sixties.
1. What was the name of the road (and hence the TV series) down which Tod Stiles and Buz Murdock travelled in a classic Corvette?
2. On what Sixties sitcom was one of the local eateries the Bluebird Diner?
3. What was the name of the Cartwrights' cook on Bonanaza?
4. What was the name of Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin's superior on The MAn From U.N.C.L.E.?
5. What Sixties series made in Britian centred on superspy John Steed and whomever was his partner of the moment?
6. What 1966 sitcom featured a beach house located at either 1334 N. Beechwood or 1438 N. Beechwood (the number of the house mysteriously changed at one point)?
7. What Dr. McCoy's first name on Star Trek?
8. How did Ironside become confined to a wheelchair on the show of the same name?
9. On what series was a character only known as Number Six imprisoned in a place known only as The Village?
10. On Laugh In what was the award which Dan Rowan and Dick Martin gave for dubious achievements in business, government, or by famous people?
12 hours ago