The lovely Kate Gabrielle of Silents and Talkies was kind enough to bestow on me the Creative Blogger Award (formerly Kreativ Blogger award, I changed the name at Kate's request). Kate is a talented blogger and artist, and I have always loved her blogs, so I am very honoured to receive this award!
Of course, this award has rules, one of which is to list seven things people might find interesting about oneself. I don't know that anyone will find these things interesting, but here goes:
1. I have written two novels. The first when I was in college (that one will forever remain unpublished) and the second last year during November and National Novel Writing Month (that one might be published after extensive revision).
2. I was on television once when I was very young. KRCG, the local CBS affiliate, had a children's show called Showtime that aired for years (from before I was born to when I graduated high school). When I was about four they were doing a remote at one of the local malls and my family was there. As a result, I wound up on TV on Showtime. I don't remember much about it.
3. The first movie I can remember watching all the way through was Jason and the Argonauts. I think I was about four at the time. I think it had an irreversible effect on my tastes in movies. I've loved fantasy films to this day.
4. I can sight read Old English.
5. I must confess that I am addicted to classic television, especially the American and British shows of the Sixties. I have seen every single episode of Bonanza, Danger Man, The Prisoner, Star Trek, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and The Wild Wild West. I've seen every single surviving episode of The Avengers and most of the episodes of The Saint.
6. I can't tell you what I had for dinner on any given day, but I can remember the most arcane facts of television, comic book, and pulp magazine history.
7. I was born amidst the homes of giants. My hometown is only an hour or less away from La Plata (home of Doc Savage creator Lester Dent), Marceline (home of Walt Disney), Slater (home of the King of Cool, Steve McQueen), and Hannibal (home of Mark Twain, Molly Brown, and Cliff Edwards).
Another rule is that one had to nominate seen blogger pals. So here goes again:
1. Andrea of A Cat of Impossible Colour
2. Beth of Beth at Finding My Voice
3. J. Marquis at Major Conflict
4. Raquel at Out of the Past (and) Thoughtful Eating
5. Toby at Inner Toob
6. Jeremy at Popped Culture
7. Snave at Various Ecstasies
I heartily recommend that you visit each of these blogs, as they are some of the finest on the Net.
Now for the rules:
1. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. Kate skipped this part. I tracked down the original logo, but it looked, well, too girly for a red blooded Anglo-American male to put on his blog....
2. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. Done (see above)
3. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. Done, although if they are interesting is actually debatable.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers, and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. Done..
5. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated. Done
6. Make Kate happy by starting to call this the Creative Blogger Award as you pass it along!! Done (I'm a stickler for spelling too).
Quote of the Week
4 hours ago