Here are the answers of the Marvel Comics Quiz of June 23.
1. What was the first Marvel comic book ever published (clue, it dates all the way back to 1939)?
Marvel Comics #1, October 1939.
2. What classic characters appeared in that first Marvel comic book?
The original Human Torch. It would techicnally be the second appearance of The Sub-Mariner, who debuted in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (only a few sample copies were published).
3. Captain America debuted in what issue of what comic book?
Captain America Comics #1, March 1941. Captain America would be the first comic book character to debut in his own magazine.
4. What was the first character ever created by Stan Lee?
The Destroyer, in Mystic Comics #6, August 1941.
5. When did The Fantastic Four debut?
In November 1961, the cover date of The Fantastic Four #1.
6. Following The Fantastic Four, what was the next important Marvel Comics character to debut?
The Hulk, in The Incredible Hulk #1, May 1962.
7. Spider-Man debuted in the final issue of what obscure Marvel title?
It was Amazing Fantasy #15, August 1962.
8. Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, was based on what famous millionaire industrialist?
9. Who were the original members of The Avengers?
Ant-Man, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and The Wasp
10. What is Dr. Strange's full name?
Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange
Book Review--The Art of Selling Movies
5 days ago