As regular readers of this blog probably already know, Beth of the lovely voice laid down a challenge for me at the first of the year. The challenge was simply this: I must create and post one pop culture quiz a month in A Shroud of Thoughts. The quizzes can have a single theme or simply be a collection of random things. At the end of 2008, the reader who has accumulated the most points throughout the year will win a pop culture related prize. For those of you curious about the prize, I decided that it will be a pop culture related key chain of the winner's choice, to cost no more than $5.00 (minus sales tax). The price limit is for the simple fact that I can't afford platinum plated key chains... I'll provide the answers around the end of the month.
With two movies based upon Marvel Comics characters (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) released this summer movie season, I thought it might be a good idea to have a Marvel Comics quiz.
1. What was the first Marvel comic book ever published (clue, it dates all the way back to 1939)?
2. What classic characters appeared in that first Marvel comic book?
3. Captain America debuted in what issue of what comic book?
4. What was the first character ever created by Stan Lee?
5. When did The Fantastic Four debut?
6. Following The Fantastic Four, what was the next important Marvel Comics character to debut?
7. Spider-Man debuted in the final issue of what obscure Marvel title?
8. Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, was based on what famous millionaire industrialist?
9. Who were the original members of The Avengers?
10. What is Dr. Strange's full name?
Book Review--Jean Cocteau: A Life
2 days ago