For those of you who are curious, here are the answers to the Warner Brothers Cartoon Quiz from March 24.
1. In what year was the first Looney Tunes cartoon released?
2. What is the title of the theme song to the Warner Brothers cartoons (bonus points for the year it became such)?
"The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" The year was 1937.
3. In what year did Porky Pig make his first appearance?
4. What legendary animator created the original Daffy Duck?
5. What is considered the first official Bugs Bunny cartoon?
"A Wild Hare," released on July 27,1940
6. In what cartoon did Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny parody Wagner?
"What's Opera, Doc?"
7. In what cartoon did Marvin the Martian first appear?
"Haredevil Hare" in 1948. He was called Commander X-2--he would not be named "Marvin" until the Seventies!
8. What is Chuck Jones's full name?
Charles Martin Jones (which is why his cartoons are sometimes credited to "Charles M. Jones")
9. In what year did Warner Brothers first shut down their animation unit?
10. What famous sports figure co-starred with the Warner Brothers cartoon characters in the movie Space Jam?
Book Review--The Art of Selling Movies
3 days ago