As regular readers of this blog probably already know, Beth of the lovely voice laid down a challenge for me at the first of the year. The challenge was simply this: I must create and post one pop culture quiz a month in A Shroud of Thoughts. The quizzes can have a single theme or simply be a collection of random things. At the end of 2008, the reader who has accumulated the most points throughout the year will win a pop culture related prize. For those of you curious about the prize, I decided that it will be a pop culture related key chain of the winner's choice, to cost no more than $5.00 (minus sales tax). The price limit is for the simple fact that I can't afford platinum plated key chains... I'll provide the answers around the end of the month.
Yesterday was the day Christians observe Easter, which brings to mind bunnies, which brings to mind Bugs Bunny, which brings to mind Warner Brothers cartoons. The theme of this month's quiz in then Warner Brothers cartoons....
1. In what year was the first Looney Tunes cartoon released?
2. What is the title of the theme song to the Warner Brothers cartoons (bonus points for the year it became such)?
3. In what year did Porky Pig make his first appearance?
4. What legendary animator created the original Daffy Duck?
5. What is considered the first official Bugs Bunny cartoon?
6. In what cartoon did Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny parody Wagner?
7. In what cartoon did Marvin the Martian first appear?
8. What is Chuck Jones's full name?
9. In what year did Warner Brothers first shut down their animation unit?
10. What famous sports figure co-starred with the Warner Brothers cartoon characters in the movie Space Jam?