Wednesday, July 6, 2022

"You're Dead" by Norma Tanega

I am guessing most of my readers are not familiar with Norma Tanega. She was a folk and folk rock singer who worked extensively with Dusty Springfield. Her only major hit was "Walkin' My Cat Named Dog," which went to no. 22 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the UK singles chart in 1966.Today I suspect she may be best known for her song "You're Dead," which is used as the theme for the TV show What We Do in the Shadows. Since I am a bit under the weather today, I thought I would share it with you as I don't feel up to a longer post.

1 comment:

KC said...

The What We Do in the Shadows theme inspired me to look up Tanega. So glad I did! I love Illusions (even used it in an Instagram Reel) and my absolute fav is A Street That Rhymes At 6 AM. The YouTube videos of her performing are great. She looks like she is having so much fun. Hope you feel better soon.