Thursday, August 22, 2019

Meet Me in St. Louis and TCM at the Tivoli Theatre on September 26

Every year TCM Backlot holds a "TCM in Your Hometown" contest in which TCM selects a city in which to hold an event. This year the winner was Lisa Buchhold, whose entry argued why TCM should hold an event in St. Louis. As a result on September 26 2019 Turner Classic Movies will hold a free screening of Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) at the historic Tivoli Theatre in University City. There will also be a special introduction and Q&A session with actress Margaret O'Brien (who played Tootie in the movie) and TCM host Ben Makiewicz. I am hoping that I can attend, as this is the first time in my memory that Turner Classic Movies has been in my home state, not to mention my second favourite city in the world.

No comments: