Thursday, November 17, 2016

"Coz I Luv You" by Slade

It was forty five years ago today, on November 17 1971, that "Coz I Luv You" by Slade hit no. 1 on the UK singles chart. It was the first of Slade's six number one records. "Coz I Luv You" was phenomenally successful. It was released on October 8 1971 and reached the number one spot in only a matter of weeks. Reportedly, "Coz I Luv You" sold half a million copies in two weeks alone. It also remained at the number one spot for four weeks. Besides being Slade's first number one record, "Coz I Luv You" started a tradition with Slade of misspelling their song titles, something that caused school teachers no end of frustration. Slade's other number one singles to feature the trademark misspellings were "Mama Weer All Crazee Now", "Cum On Feel the Noize", and "Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me".

Here, without further ado, is Slade's "Coz I Luv You".


No comments: