Here are the answers to the Classic Car Quiz of August 25.
1, In a classic 1905 song what make of car did Johnny Steele own in which he loved to spark in the dark old park with his girl?
An Oldsmobile, from the song "My Merry Oldsmobile."
2. In what colours could people buy the Ford Model T?
Any colour, as long as it was black.
3. What model did Ford follow the Model T up with?
The Model A?
4. What model of car was owned by both Clark Gable and Gary Cooper and was popular with movie stars and the wealthy?
The Dusenberg SSJ
5. What was the first Diesel powered automobile in the world?
Mercedes-Benz 260 D
6. What was the last Studebaker to have styling influenced by Raymond Loewy's studio (he designed Studebaker's modern logo and various other Studebaker models)?
The Studebaker Golden Hawk
7. What model of car was Christine in the Stephen King novel of the same name?
A 1958 Plymouth Fury
8. For what TV commercial promoting what model of Ford were the gang from the comic strip Peanuts first animated?
The 1961 Ford Falcon
9. What classic pony car did Ford first manufacture in 1964 and became one of the company's most popular models?
The Ford Mustang
10. What Plymouth model figured in the movie Duel?
A 1970 Plymouth Valiant
Book Review: When Broadway Went to Hollywood
4 days ago