Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rubber Soul

This weekend I replaced my copy of The Beatles album Rubber Soul. The album was released in 1965 when The Beatles were at the height of both their creativity and their popularity. It features some of their best known songs, including "Drive My Car," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," and "You Won't See Me." It also includes some of my favourite Beatles songs. I have always loved "Nowhere Man," and I honestly think "In My Life" is one of the most beautiful love songs ever written (provided I ever marry, I want it played at my wedding). I also love the song "Michelle," for no particular reason. Sadly, not many of the songs from Rubber Soul are to be found on the Web. Otherwise I would give you a taste of some of the album. I already used "Nowhere Man" in an entry quite a while back, so I'll go ahead and let you listen to the other song from Rubber Soul that I have found online. So here is "Michelle," by The Beatles.

"Michelle"--The Beatles

No comments: