Monday, August 21, 2023

A Quick Review of Spectrum Choice


Last month I posted
about how the siblings and I would be dropping our then current cable package in favour of Spectrum's new live-streaming service, Spectrum Choice. Well, we recently made the change. I am happy with it and the siblings seem to be too.

For those of you unfamiliar with Spectrum Choice (which I would have to think is most of you), it automatically gives one their local channels and then one can choose 15 additional channels. Now one is somewhat limited in which channels one can choose. That having been said, the choices include nearly all of the most popular channels, including Turner Classic Movies (which is the one cable channel I must have).  The downside is that INSP is not among the choices (at least in our area), and I missing it. Even so, Spectrum Choice is much cheaper than the standard cable package and we are not paying for channels we never watch (*cough* Fox "News" *cough*).

As to the interface of the Spectrum app, it is fairly user friendly. One can get to the channels one wants to watch fairly quickly,  as well as On Demand. It is fairly intuitive, so that one does not have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to navigate the app. As to the quality of the picture, my sister is convinced it is better than what we had with the old cable package.

Anyway, I am happy with Spectrum Choice and if you are a Spectrum customer it might be worth your while to switch to it. I honestly don't miss our old cable package, particularly given we would have lost TCM. And it is nice to have a much lower bill.

No comments: