Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Happy 10th Annual TCM Classic Film Festival

The 10th Annual TCM Classic Film Festival begins tomorrow. I want to wish all of my friends who are attending the festival this year (of which there are many) an enjoyable time at the festival. While I know that there are many great movies and great speakers to see there, I am sure that much of the enjoyment that comes from the TCM Classic Film Festival is simply to reconnect with old friends and make new ones.

I would also like to ask those of you who are attending the 10th Annual TCM Classic Film Festival to raise a glass in memory of both Vanessa Marquez and Andrea Rosen at some point. Vanessa was one of the original members of #TCMParty, so beloved that #TCMParty co-founder Paula Guthat referred to her as "the sweetheart of #TCMParty." Of course, by now I think everyone knows how significant she was to me. Andrea Rosen was also a well-loved, long time member of #TCMParty and a frequent attendee of the TCM Classic Film Festival. Many of us knew her best for her tweets during Noir Alley. She is still missed every Saturday night and Sunday morning when Noir Alley rolls around.

As for myself, I eagerly await the various updates on the festival from my many fellow TCM fans. I hope that I will be able to attend next year!

No comments: