Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer" by Nat King Cole

Today is the first full day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. As those of you who know me (and those of you who regularly read this blog, for that matter) full well know, it is my least favourite time of year. For me summer means heat, humidity, allergies, and generally feeling uncomfortable. It is probably the season during which I spend the least amount of time outside. Regardless, I have always liked songs about summer, and one of my favourites is "Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer" by Nat King Cole. It does hit some of the more enjoyable aspects of the season (soda, pretzels, going to the drive-in theatre, et. al.), even if it does overlook some of the more unpleasant aspects of the season "Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer" was Nat King Cole's last big hit while he was still alive. It peaked at no. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1963. Sadly, Nat King Cole die less than two years later, on February 15 1965.

Without further ado, here is "Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer". This clip is from the 1963 BBC special An Evening with Nat King Cole.


No comments: