Friday, October 7, 2016

Sunshine Blogger Award

A few days ago Virginie of The Wonderful World of Cinema nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I'd like to thank Virginie very much! As to the award itself, it's a lot like the Liebster Award. One answers 11 questions from the blogger who nominated him or her, nominate 11 other bloggers, and then give them 11 questions.  Anyway, here goes!

1. Except for the USA… which country do you think makes the most interesting and worthy movies?

This is an easy question for me to answer. I think that honour would go to the United Kingdom. I love films from Japan, France, Italy, and many other countries as well (in fact, Akira Kurosawa is my all time favourite director), but I think the UK has historically produced the best films.

2. If your life had to be like a movie, which movie would you choose? The Sixties are my favourite decade and The Beatles are my favourite band, so I would say either A Hard Day's Night (1964) or Help! (1965).

3. Which movie star inspires you the most? It doesn’t necessarily have to be your favourite. That's hard to answer as there are several. Hedy Lamarr was an inventor as well as the most beautiful woman in the world. Ida Lupino directed films and television at a time when there were very few female directors. Eddie Arnold was a war hero who never boasted about his own heroism, only of the Marines he saved. There are a lot of movie stars who inspire and I really can't say which one does the most.

4. What is your favourite catastrophe movie of the 70s (the golden decade of catastrophe movies)? Does Airplane! (1980) count? That's actually my favourite, even if it was a comedy. If not, I think I'd go with Earthquake (1974).

5. To you, who is the most iconic actress of all times and the most iconic actor of all times?  It is hard for me to pick an actress, as there are so many I would consider iconic. I would probably go with Audrey Hepburn, who has remained popular to this day. As to actor, that is easy. Cary Grant.

6. Is there a book you would like to see a movie adaptation of? Who would star in it? Well, I think it would work better as a TV mini-series, but I would love to see WeaveWorld by Clive Barker made into a film. I would have to re-read the book to know who I would want to cast though.

7. You think Audrey Hepburn made her best movies with Billy Wilder, William Wyler or Stanley Donen? I chose the movie directors with whom she made more that just one film. Well, my favourites were directed by George Cuckor and Blake Edwards (My Fair Lady and Breakfast at Tiffany's), but I would go with Billy Wilder, as Sabrina is also one of my favourites.

8. If you had the chance to own all the costumes of one movie, which one would it be? Any of the early Bond movies. I really could use a new suit.

9. What do you think was the prettiest Oscar dress? I have no idea. I don't pay attention to the dresses at the Oscars.

10. The ugliest? As I said earlier, I don't pay attention to the dresses at the Oscars.

11. If you could go back in time, what would you change from the movie history? But you can choose only ONE thing (it can be a movie ending you didn’t like, prevent the premature death of one of your favourite actors, choose another actress for Scarlett O’Hara, anything!) I know, hard choice. Oh, it's an easy choice for me. It's not a classic movie by any stretch of the imagination (in fact, it's not even a good movie), but I would recast The Avengers (1998). I have nothing against Uma Thurman. I've liked her in many films. But she was horribly miscast as Emma Peel. She's not even English!!! I would have cast  Elizabeth Hurley instead. Of course, I would have liked to have gotten a better script, a better director...

And now for my nominees:

A Classic Movie Blog
Backlots
Comet Over Hollywood
Immortal Ephemera
Laura's Miscellaneous Musings
Movies Silently
Speakeasy
The Hitless Wonder Blog
The Stop Button
Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
Virtual Virago

And now for the 11 questions.

1. If you could live in any house from any film, what would it be?

2. Of the actresses in the running for the role of Scarlett O'Hara, who would have been the absolute worst?

3. Since Halloween is coming up, what do you think is the scariest horror movie of all time?

4. If you could marry any character from any movie, who would it be?

5. What was the worst film ever to win the Oscar for Best Picture?

6. Okay, apparently Turner Classic Movies's inclusion of her in their Trailblazing Women series caused some controversy, so I have to ask this. Was Marilyn Monroe a trailblazing woman or not?

7. Who is your all time favourite female director?

8. If you could adapt any television show as a feature film, what would it be?

9. Who was the best Dracula ever in the movies?

10. What is your favourite song from a movie (it has to be an original song, not one from Broadway or that had been released before)?

11. What is your favourite era for movies?

Congratulations to everyone and thanks to Virginie!

1 comment:

Virginie Pronovost said...

I loved to read your answer and I loved the questions you asked to the nominees! These are very creative :)
Congrats again!