Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays 2010

Today I thought I would share with you some of my favourite Yuletide songs. The first one I just discovered this year. It's "All I Want for Christmas is You" by My Chemical Romance. I was never a big fan of the original version by Mariah Carey, but I really like this one.



Next up is "Don't Shoot Me, Santa" by The Killers. I never pictured Santta with a gun, but come to think of it, Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn looks sort of like Santa. Well, if Santa had an eyepatch and a Peacemaker....



Next is one of the greatest songs, period. "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon.



Finally, here is what I consider the greatest rock 'n' roll Yuletide carol of them all: "Merry Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Darlene Love.



Wishing everyone a happy Yuletide!

2 comments:

QUB English Society said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jessica Pickens said...

I love that you posted The Killers "Don't Shoot Me Santa Claus." I actually posted the same thing on my film blog!

I always thought that was such a clever, funny video and song. Brandon Flowers is truely one of our most talented artists of today.

-Jessica of Comet Over Hollywood
http://jnpickens.wordpress.com