Friday, May 22, 2009

Crazy Eights

I was tagged by Raquel of Out of the Past (one of the best blogs on classic film out there) for this meme. Raquel changed things in the meme a bit on her blog, so I only know the "official" rules from other blogs. Not that it matters. Like Raquel, I'm changing the meme, in this case to make it more pop culture oriented as to suits this blog.

Eight Things I Look Forward To:

1. The new season of Burn Notice (it starts next Thursday).
2. Sam Raimi's new movie Drag Me to Hell
3. The new season of Mad Men.
4. The latest album from Eels.
5. Public Enemies. Michael Mann. Christian Bale as Melvin Purvis. Enough Said.
6. Quentin Taratino's Inglourious Basterds.
7. The movie adaptation of Robert E. Howard's classic character Solomon Kane (with James Purfoy in the title role).
8. Buying everything I want from the Warner Archive.

Eight Thing I Want to Do with This Blog:
1. Figure out something special to celebrate the fifth anniversary of A Shroud of Thoughts (it is only a little over a week away now).
2. Increase my readership.
3. Do more post related to books and literature. Sadly, beyond posts about pulp magazines and comic books, posts on literature have been few and far between. It's the one aspect of popular culture I think I've neglected in A Shroud of Thoughts. A shame, as the blog takes its name from a Byron quote...
4. Do more series of articles (although they take a lot out of me...).
5. Post pictures to go with the articles more often...
6. Do my usual, week long series of horror related topics for Halloween.
7. Update my links.
8. Perhaps have guest bloggers for times like these when I am seriously overworked (I am so glad it's Memorial Day weekend...)

Eights Movies I Have Watched Recently:
1. Star Trek (2009)
2. Quadrophenia
3. The Black Cat (1934)
4. The Road to Singapore
5. Jesus Christ Superstar
6. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
7. Charlie Chan in London
8. A Touch of Zen

Eight TV Shows I Watch
1. The Avengers
2. The Wild Wild West
3. The Monkees
4. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
5. NCIS
6. Lost
7. House
8. Have Gun Will Travel

Since I think most of the bloggers I know have already did this meme, rather than tagging eight people, I'll simply state that if you are a blogger and you're one of the few people who regularly read this blog (I think there may only be eight anyway...), consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

Nice lists and thank you for the compliment and for participating.

I'm looking forward to the new season of Mad Men too. When's it coming out?

My 2nd year anniversary is coming up soon, so I'm interested to see what you do to celebrate your 5th.

Jim Marquis said...

Good lists. I am also an Eels afficianado. Kind of depressing but it has a lot of soul in it's own way.

I'll be celebrating my 5th blogaversary in August...

Terence Towles Canote said...

Raquel, the new season of Mad Men comes out in August according to the official web site.

J., I have to admit The Eels are depressing, but it is great stuff! I believe Toby at Inner Toob and Jeremy at Popped Culture are also celebrating their fifth anniversaries this year! I guess blogging sort of the "in thing" in 1994!