Before anything else, I want to thank everyone who congratulated me on my 1000th post yesterday. It is truly an accomplishment of which I am proud. And I want to wish Toby a happy 4th anniversary for Inner Toob, which also fell yesterday. Truly a great blog and well worth reading!
Anyhow, onto post 1001! As regular readers of this blog probably already know, Beth of the lovely voice laid down a challenge for me at the first of the year. The challenge was simply this: I must create and post one pop culture quiz a month in A Shroud of Thoughts. The quizzes can have a single theme or simply be a collection of random things. At the end of 2008, the reader who has accumulated the most points throughout the year will win a pop culture related prize. For those of you curious about the prize, I decided that it will be a pop culture related key chain of the winner's choice, to cost no more than $5.00 (minus sales tax). The price limit is for the simple fact that I can't afford platinum plated key chains... I'll provide the answers around the end of the month.
Since the new car models were traditionally released in September, I though the theme for this month's quiz should be classic cars. Since this quiz is a day late, the answers will come out September 1 (Labour Day to Americans).
1, In a classic 1905 song what make of car did Johnny Steele own in which he loved to spark in the dark old park with his girl?
2. In what colours could people buy the Ford Model T?
3. What model did Ford follow the Model T up with?
4. What model of car was owned by both Clark Gable and Gary Cooper and was popular with movie stars and the wealthy?
5. What was the first Diesel powered automobile in the world?
6. What was the last Studebaker to have styling influenced by Raymond Loewy's studio (he designed Studebaker's modern logo and various other Studebaker models)?
7. What model of car was Christine in the Stephen King novel of the same name?
8. For what TV commercial promoting what model of Ford were the gang from the comic strip Peanuts first animated?
9. What classic pony car did Ford first manufacture in 1964 and became one of the company's most popular models?
10. What Plymouth model figured in the movie Duel?
Book Review--The Art of Selling Movies
4 days ago