Here are the answers to the Earth Day Quiz from last week.
1. In what year did Smokey Bear first appear?
He made his debut on August 9, 1944.
2. What was the name of the comic strip created by Ed Dodd and debuting on April 15, 1946, which featured a photojournalist and magazine writer as its hero and dealt with environmental themes?
3. What 1962 book is credited with launching the environmental movement in the United States?
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
4. In what year was Earth Day first celebrated.
It was on April 22, 1970
5. What bird is the icon for the United States Forest Service's anti-littering campaign?
6. What Greek letter was used as a symbol for the ecology movement?
7. What President founded the National Park Service?
8. What year was the Endangered Species Act passed?
9. What 1990 carton aired on TBS featured an environmentalist superhero and his team of five youths fighting threats to the environment?
Captain Planet and the Planeteers
10. What 2006 film won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature Film and dealt with global warming?
An Inconvenient Truth
Book Review: When Broadway Went to Hollywood
3 days ago