Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Technical Difficulties...

Last night I came home from one of my two jobs to find my PC behaving oddly. Although it would connect to the net, Internet Explorer would simply stop responding rather than connect to any web site. Netscape worked fine. My Symantec Internet Security would simply stop responding. Trend Micro Anti-Spyware simply would not launch at all. I know that my niece had been on the computer earlier from various evidence, but I am not absolutely sure that she inadvertantly downloaded any malware, spyware, or trojans. At least a cursory look at the system revealed none, although as both Trend Micro and Symantec could not be run, I could not be certain.

At any rate, last night I spent doing a reinstall on my PC. I am still in the process of reinstalling various programmes, not to mention fix a few more that appear to have been damaged in the transition. I am certainly not happy. If I don't make another blog entry for a few days, well, it is because I am still getting this machine back in shape.

No comments: