Friday, March 31, 2006

Build Me Up, Buttercup

Today finds me in not a particularly good mood. We had more storms last night (a typical spring in Missouri, I suppose...). I am tired. And I just generally feel blue. Given that, I don't really feel like making a long blog entry. I thought then that it might be time for another song.

Along with "Baby, Now That I've Found You," "Build Me Up, Buttercup" was one of the few hits that The Foundations had in the United States. The Foundations were a British soul band with members from London, Jamaica, Trinidad, and the West Indies. They had a fairly short career (it only lasted from about 1967 to 1971) and only had a few hits on both sides of the Atlantic. "Build Me Uo, Buttercup" was their lasting contribution to music history. The song went to #2 on the Billboard singles charts in 1968. Today most people probably remember it from the music video which appears in the closing credits of the movie There's Something About Mary. The movie's success actually resulted in the song once more hitting the Billboard singles chart, peaking at #71. Anyhow, without further adieu, here's the song:

"Build Me Up, Buttercup" by The Foundations

1 comment:

athen said...

Hi. I came across your blog, I would have to say it is really interesting. Your layout actually caught my attention. I was wondering if there by any chance you will guide me in improving my blog. I'm hoping to "widen" up the text-area width.

Anyhow, I like your blog.