Monday, December 19, 2022

TCM Remembers 2022

I have to be frank. This years TCM Remembers is one of the harder ones to watch. We lost some beloved stars this year. I made it to Nichelle Nichols before I teared up, but if I hadn't started tearing up then, I might have done it when they reached Larry Storch, Marsha Hunt, or Paul Sorvino. By the time they reached Dame Angela Lansbury and Sir Sidney Poitier at the end, I seriously doubt many Turner Classic Movies fans wouldn't have teared up at some point. Of course, for me their choice of song did not make it any easier to avoid crying. This year's song is "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron. It is one of the best songs ever used in a TCM Remembers, but for me the problem comes down to the fact that Turner Classic Movies used Lord Huron's "When the Night is Over" for TCM Remembers 2018, the one that included my beloved Vanessa Marquez. Ever since then I cannot hear Lord Huron without crying.

I have only watched this year's TCM Remembers a few times, but I think I have only caught one omission, although it is a really big one. For some reason they did not include Betty White. While Betty was best known for television, she did appear in movies as well. I was actually expecting her towards the end, along with Dame Angela Lansbury and Sir Sidney Poitier. I have to think they will include her later.

Anyway, get some tissues ready, because here is TCM Remembers 2022.

No comments: