Friday, December 14, 2018

TCM Remembers 2018

Turner Classic Movies released their TCM Remembers for 2018 this afternoon. Of all the TCM Remembers (and I have seen all of them), this one was the most painful to watch. I always cry during TCM Remembers, but this time I totally broke down and I am still sobbing a half hour later. Quite simply, Turner Classic Movies included my dearest Vanessa Marquez in this year's TCM Remembers. Vanessa loved TCM so much, to the point that I am convinced that she was the biggest TCM fan I ever knew. Being included in TCM Remembers alongside classic movie stars she loved, not to mention Gary Kurtz (who produced Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back), is the highest possible honour she could have ever received.  I have to point out that Vanessa is the very first TCMParty member to ever be featured on TCM Remembers. I want to thank Turner Classic Movies for including the woman I love more than any other in my life.

Also included in this year's TCM Remembers are such luminaries as Dorothy Malone, Nanette Fabray, Rose Marie, Harlan Ellison, Stan Lee, and Burt Reynolds. As far as I can tell, they only missed two stars this year: Mary Carlisle (the last surviving WAMPAS Baby Star) and the great Fenella Fielding.


No comments: