Saturday, August 11, 2018

TCM Backlot's 50 Fans in 50 States

In connection with TCM Spotlight's 50 Movies in 50 States, TCM Backlot held a contest called "50 Fans in 50 States". 50 Fans in 50 States would have one winner per state. To enter one simply had to tell about the connections to movies one's state has. I am proud to say that I won the contest for the state of Missouri. In a way I feel lucky to be from Missouri, in that we have more connections to movies than some states. Indeed, I live only twenty minutes away from the hometown of legendary camera man Elgin Lessley and  an hour a way from the hometowns of Walt Disney, Cliff Edwards, and Steve Mcqueen (I also live an hour away from Mary Astor's hometown of Quincy, but it is in Illinois...). And, of course, Vincent Price, Virginia Mayo, and Ginger Rogers were all born here! Anyway, if you want to read my entry, you and you are a member of TCM Backlot, it will be under "50 Fans in 50 States, Round 2".

By the way, I don't know what I have won. TCM Backlot simply said we will receive a prize in the mail, not what it is!

2 comments:

Caftan Woman said...

If they send you a leg lamp, I'll ..... keel over!

Congratulations!

Raquel Stecher said...

Congrats Terry! Way to represent your state!