Thursday, July 18, 2024

I Write Books

As many of my readers already know, I have written a few books. Of course, as many of you may also know, I am also not particularly good at promoting them. Here then are the books I have available. All of them are available in paperback and Kindle. Two of them are also available on audiobooks. With any luck, I will have another book out later this year, this one on Christmas in movies and television.

Television Rare and Well Done: Essays on the Medium: This is the oldest of my books. I will confess it requires some revision. I will also say upfront that it is essentially a collection of posts from this blog. Still, it should be of interest to those who love classic television.

That Was Halloween: This is my favourite of my books. It is a short volume that covers the history of Halloween, and then addresses some of its customs as well as Halloween in the media. It is not only available on Kindle but as an audiobook as well.

Country Comedies: The Rural Comedies of the Sixties: This is a short book on the rural sitcoms that aired on American television from the late Fifties to the late Sixties. It covers the beginning of the cycle of rural sitcoms and its end with the Rural Purge. It also has an appendix that covers rural-oriented variety shows. It is also available on Kindle and in audiobook.

Anyway, if you buy any of these I hope you enjoy them! And look for my Christmas book later this year.

No comments: