Saturday, May 4, 2024

Vanessa Marquez and R2-D2

Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you. Given what today is, I thought I would make a post with a Star Wars theme. My dearest Vanessa Marquez was the biggest Star Wars fan I ever knew, and she had an extensive collection of Star Wars merchandise. Quite naturally, she was then one of the people who contributed to the Kickstarter for the Star Wars fan film Return of Pink Five. She would get a cameo at the end of the film, and she was billed as"Pink Squadron Pilot." As Vanessa's many friends knew, her favourite colour was pink.

Anyway, while Return of Pink Five was filming at Long Beach Comic Con, Vanessa got to interact with R2-D2 (not the actual R2-D2 from the Star Wars movies, but a very convincing replica). If you knew Vanessa Marquez, you also know that her all-time favourite character was R2-D2. In fact,  I used to tease her about R2 being my rival. Here's a short video of Vanessa and her all-time favourite Star Wars character (or as she called him, "my guy").

No comments: