Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Announcing the 10th Annual Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon

It's that time of year when I announce the Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon. This will be the 10th Annual TV Show Episode Blogathon. The previous nine blogathons were successful, so it is back for another year.  For those unfamiliar with the Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon, it is a blogathon in which bloggers write entries about their favourite episodes of their favourite classic television shows. This year it will take place March 22, 23, and 24.

Here are the ground rules:

1. Posts in the blogathon must be about an episode from a scripted drama. Episodes of reality shows, talk shows, game shows, and variety shows are ineligible. That having been said, posts can be on episodes from any genre of scripted dramas: animated shows, anthology shows, detective shows, police procedurals, science fiction shows, situation comedies, and so on. I also have to say that episodes can be from scripted dramas that aired at any time of day. They don't have to be from prime time alone. If one wanted to write about his or her favourite episode from his or her favourite Saturday morning cartoon or daytime soap opera, one could.

2. Because this blogathon is dedicated to classic television and I think a classic is something that must have stood the test of time, episodes must be from shows that are at least 25 years old. That means one cannot write posts on episodes from shows that debuted after 1999 (nothing from The New Adventures of Old Christine, let alone Abbott Elementary). Now here I want to point out that the episode itself does not have to be 25 years old, only the show on which it aired. Law & Order (the original, not the revival) debuted in 1990 and ran until 2010, so that its final season aired after 1999. Because Law & Order is over 25 years old, however, one could still write about an episode that aired in the 2009-2010 season.

3. Given my love of British television, it should come as no surprise that posts do not have to be about episodes from American shows alone. Posts can be about episodes from any show from any country as long as the show is a scripted drama and debuted over 25 years ago. If you want to write about your favourite episode of The Saint, The Little Hobo, Jaianto Robo, or Escrava Isaura, you can.

4.  I am asking that there please be no duplicates. That having been said, if someone has already chosen to cover "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" from The Twilight Zone, someone else could still write about another Twilight Zone episode.

5. In keeping with ground rule no. 4, I am asking that if you participated in the past years' blogathons that you write about a different episode from what you did the past years. That having been said, you could write about an episode from the same show.  If you wrote about the Star Trek episode "Amok Time" last year, then you could write about the Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" this year.

6. I am not going to schedule days for individual posts. All I ask is that the posts be made on or between March 22, March 23, or March 24 2024.

7. On March 22 I will set up the page for the blogathon. I ask that you link your posts to that page. If you want you can use one of the graphics below or make your own!

If you want to participate in the Favourite Television Show Episode Blogathon, you can simply comment below or you can get a hold of me on Twitter, Mastodon, Spoutible, or BlueSky at mercurie80 or at my email:  mercurie80 at gmail.com.

Below is a roster of participants and the topics they are covering. Come March 22 I will make a post that will include all of the posts in the blogathon.

A Shroud of Thoughts: Nurses, "The One After the Earthquake"
Realweedgiemidget Reviews: Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Second Chances"
Moon in Gemini: Laverne & Shirley, "Guinea Pigs"
Films From Beyond the Time Barrier: Beasts, "The Dummy"
Liberal England: Dead of Night, "The Exorcism"
Taking Up Room: Family Ties, "The Boys Next Door"
Hamlette's Soliloquy: Cheyenne, "White Warrior"
The Midnite Drive-In: Star Trek, "The Trouble with Tribbles"/Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Trials and Tribble-ations"
Smoke in the Library: The Twilight Zone, "Steel"
Whimsically Classic: The Andy Griffith Show, "The Pickle Story"
Starlight and Saucepans: Jeeves and Wooster, "Introduction on Broadway"
The Nostalgic Italian: Police Squad (Season 1, Episode 2). Ring of Fear (A Dangerous Assignment)
Another Old Movie Blog: The Waltons, "The Pony Cart"
Crítica Retrô: The Addams Family, "The Addams Family Goes to School"
Dubsisim: The Rockford Files, "The Queen of Peru"
John V's Eclectic Avenue: The Bionic Woman, "Black Magic"

Below are some graphics you can use for the blogathon (or you can always make your own)!






27 comments:

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hi Terence, can you add me with Second Chances (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Brian Schuck said...

Hi Terence! I'd like to review "The Dummy," the sixth and last episode of Nigel Kneale's 1976 anthology series Beasts.

Jonathan Calder said...

Hi Terence, I'd like to review The Exorcism from the BBC series horror series Dead of Night. It's really a one-off play, so I hope this is OK. - Jonathan Calder, Liberal England

Terence Towles Canote said...

Hi, Jonathan. That's okay. I got you down forit.

Rebecca Deniston said...

Hi, Terence! Wow, ten years. I'd like to write about "The Boys Next Door" episode from "Family Ties," if that's OK.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

So glad to see this event is back! Please put me down for the 1958 Cheyenne ep "White Warrior."

Quiggy said...

I would like to pair Star Trek "The Trouble with Tribbles" with Star Trek Deep Space 9 "Trials and Tribble-lations"

jadedartemiz said...

bewitched The Joker Is A Card (9.1) as one of one best epsoides of the show.

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla said...

Oops I forgot to leave my blog name, Whimsically Classic (whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com). I'd like to write about "The Pickle Story" from "The Andy Griffith Show."

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Kayla. Great choice! "The Pickle Story" is one of my favourite episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.

Lizzie Hexam said...

Hello! I would love to write about "Introduction on Broadway" from Jeeves and Wooster (my blog is Starlight and Saucepans, starlightandsaucepans.org).

Thank you for hosting this!

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Lizzie!

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

May I take "The Pony Cart" episode of THE WALTONS (1976)? - Jacqueline from Another Old Movie Blog.

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Jacqueline!

said...

I'm happy to be back this year because last year I was travelling on the blogathon's date. I'd like to write about The Addams Family Goes to School, from, of course, The Addams Family.
Cheers!
Le from Critica Retro

Terence Towles Canote said...

Le, I got you down for it!

J-Dub said...

Admittedly, I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd like to join with an episode of the Rockford Files, Season 4, Episode 12 "The Queen of Peru"

Terence Towles Canote said...

J-Dub, I got you down for it!

John V said...

Hi Terence,

It's John of "John V's Eclectic Avenue" I'd love to join and cover The Bionic Woman episode "Black Magic"

https://jveclectic.blogspot.com/

Hope all is well!

John V

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, John!

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hi Terence, here's my review for your blogathon Day 1 - really enjoyed revisiting this, Gill x https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2024/03/18/star-trek-the-next-generation-second-chances-1993-s6-e24/

Kevin Sturton said...

Still time to join Terence? I'd like to do Robin of Sherwood: The King's Fool for my blog A Scunner Darkly.

Terence Towles Canote said...

Yes, Kevin, there's still time to join!

John V said...

Hi Terence, my post is up: https://jveclectic.blogspot.com/2024/03/tv-episode-blogathon-2024-bionic-woman.html

Looking forward to reading all the posts this weekend!

John of John V's Eclectic Avenue

John V said...

Here's my post, Terence: https://jveclectic.blogspot.com/2024/03/tv-episode-blogathon-2024-bionic-woman.html

Looking forward to all the rest!

John V

Quiggy said...

https://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2024/03/tribble-ing-dilemmas.html

My post is now up.