Monday, January 2, 2023

Announcing The 9th Annual Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon

It is that time of year when I announce the Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon. This will be the 9th Annual TV Show Episode Blogathon. The previous eight blogathons were successful, so it is back for another year.  For those unfamiliar with the Favourite TV Show Episode Blogathon, it is a blogathon in which bloggers write entries about their favourite episodes of their favourite classic television shows. This year it will take place March 24, 25, and 26.

Here are the ground rules:

1. Posts in the blogathon must be about an episode from a scripted drama. Episodes of reality shows, talk shows, game shows, and variety shows are ineligible. That having been said, posts can be on episodes from any genre of scripted dramas: animated shows, anthology shows, detective shows, police procedurals, science fiction shows, situation comedies, and so on. I also have to say that episodes can be from scripted dramas that aired at any time of day. They don't have to be from prime time alone. If one wanted to write about his or her favourite episode from his or her favourite Saturday morning cartoon or daytime soap opera, one could.

2. Because this blogathon is dedicated to classic television and I think a classic is something that must have stood the test of time, episodes must be from shows that are at least 25 years old. That means one cannot write posts on episodes from shows that debuted after 1998 (nothing from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, let alone Abbott Elementary). Now here I want to point out that the episode itself does not have to be 25 years old, only the show on which it aired. Law & Order (the original, not the revival) debuted in 1990 and ran until 2010, so that its final season aired after 1998. Because Law & Order is over 25 years old, however, one could still write about an episode that aired in the 2009-2010 season.

3. Given my love of British television, it should come as no surprise that posts do not have to be about episodes from American shows alone. Posts can be about episodes from any show from any country as long as the show is a scripted drama and debuted over 25 years ago. If you want to write about your favourite episode of The Saint, The Little Hobo, Jaianto Robo, or Escrava Isaura, you can.

4.  I am asking that there please be no duplicates. That having been said, if someone has already chosen to cover "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" from The Twilight Zone, someone else could still write about another Twilight Zone episode.

5. In keeping with ground rule no. 4, I am asking that if you participated in the past years' blogathons that you write about a different episode from what you did the past years. That having been said, you could write about an episode from the same show.  If you wrote about the Star Trek episode "Amok Time" last year, then you could write about the Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles" this year.

6. I am not going to schedule days for individual posts. All I ask is that the posts be made on or between March 24, March 25, or March 26 2023.

7. On March 24 I will set up the page for the blogathon. I ask that you link your posts to that page. If you want you can use one of the graphics below or make your own!

If you want to participate in the Favourite Television Show Episode Blogathon, you can simply comment below or you can get a hold of me either on Twitter at mercurie80 or at my email:  mercurie80 at gmail.com.

Below is a roster of participants and the topics they are covering. Come March 18 I will make a post that will include all of the posts in the blogathon.

Realweegiemidget Reviews: Falcon Crest, "In His Father's House" (the first episode)

A Shroud of Thoughts
: The X-Files, "Home"

Liberal England: Softly, Softly: Task Force, "Copper Wire"

Cinematic Catharsis:
Kolchak: The Night Stalker, "Mr. R.I.N.G."

Cinematic Scribblings: The Avengers, "The Hour That Never Was"

Smoke in the Library
: I Spy, "Home to Judgment"

Taking Up Room: The Sentinel, "Light My Fire"

Once Upon a Screen: Columbo, "Any Old Port in a Storm"

Doesn't She Ramble: Quantum Leap, "M.I.A."

In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: Murder, She Wrote

Whimsically Classic: The Golden Girls, "Grab That Dough"

Films From Beyond the Time Barrier: Thriller, "The Grim Reaper"

By Rich Watson: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, "What a Knight for a Knight"

Make Mine Film Noir: Moonlighting, "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice"

Moon in Gemini: Laverne & Shirley, "Guinea Pigs"

The Stop Button: The Flash (1990), "Pilot"

Hamlette's Soliloquy: The Magnificent Seven, "Inmate 78"

The Flapper Dame: Full House, "Dr. Dare Rides Again"

Dubism: The Rockford Files, "Heartaches of a Fool"

13 Cinema Lane: Touched by an Angel, "Perfect Little Angel"

Mike's Movie Room: Naked City, "A Case Study of Two Savages"

Box Office Poisons
: That Girl, "Don't Just Stand There, Do Something!"

Watching Forever: The Twilight Zone, "Little Girl Lost"

Silver Scenes: The Saint, "The Miracle Tea Party"

Below are some graphics you can use for the blogathon (or you can always make your own)!









42 comments:

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hi Terence, may I do the first episode of Falcon Crest?

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Gill!

Jonathan Calder said...

The episode I have in mind is Copper Wire from 1971.

Terence Towles Canote said...

That would be perfect, Jonathan. I got you down for Softly, Softly: Task Force.

Erin said...

Could I write about "The Hour That Never Was" from The Avengers? My blog is Cinematic Scribblings: https://cinematicscribblings.wordpress.com/

Grezilda said...

Quantum Leap: M.I.A.

Terence Towles Canote said...

Unknown, I'll need the name and URL of your blog.

Rebecca Deniston said...

Hi, Terence--so glad this blogathon is coming back! May I write about the "Light My Fire" episode of "The Sentinel" for Taking Up Room?

Terence Towles Canote said...

Rebecca, I got you down for it!

Citizen Screen said...

Hi Terry,

Please put me down for the Columbo "Any Old Port in a Storm" episode from 1973.

Blog: Once Upon a Screen

Thank you,

Aurora

Terence Towles Canote said...

Aurora, I got you down for it!

Grezilda said...

Sorry for the earlier incomplete comment!
Quantum Leap: M.I.A. in Doesn't She Ramble https://grezilda.wordpress.com/
-Grezilda

Terence Towles Canote said...

Thanks, Grezilda!

Kayla said...

Can I write about the "Grab That Dough" episode of "The Golden Girls" ?

Whimsically Classic (Kayla)

whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com

Brian Schuck said...

Hi Terence! I'd like to do "The Grim Reaper" from Boris Karloff's Thriller, 1961
- Brian, Films From Beyond the Time Barrier (filmsfrombeyond.com)

Terence Towles Canote said...

Brian, I got it down for you!

Rich said...

The debut episode from the original SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU? series.

http://byrichwatson.blogspot.com

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Rich!

Debbie Vega said...

Hi Terry! I have chosen my topic for this year. Please put me down for "A Jew Named Sullivan" from Here Come the Brides. Thanks!

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Debbie!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Please add me to the list with a review of "Inmate 78" from The Magnificent Seven (1998-2000). Took me a while to decide what to review this year! Until I realized shows that began in 1998 are eligible now -- then it was easy :-D

While I'm here, I'd like to invite you (and anyone else here who loves classic movies) to participate in the Shades of Shane Blogathon I'm hosting in April. Full blogathon in this post :-)

Terence Towles Canote said...

Rachel, I got you down for it! I am still trying to think of something for the Shades of Shane Blogathon. There's so much to choose from!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Ahh, I get that! I thought about limiting it to movies starring the three leads, but I just love Ben Johnson and Elisha Cook Jr. so much that I didn't want to exclude them, so I ended up saying it could be anyone in the cast. Which IS pretty broad!

Debbie Vega said...

Hi Terry. Would you mind very much if I changed my topic? With the passing of Cindy Williams this week I was thinking I'd really like to write about Laverne & Shirley, specifically the episode "Guinea Pigs."

Terence Towles Canote said...

Debbie, I got it changed! I fully understand. I had to change my topic twice last year because of unexpected deaths!

Debbie Vega said...

Thanks!

Flapper Dame 16 said...

Hi Can I write about the Episode of Full House called Dr Dare Rides Again? Thanks!

J-Dub said...

I'd like to join with an episode of The Rockford Files "Heartaches of a Fool."

Terence Towles Canote said...

Flapper Dame and J-Dub, I got you added!

18 Cinema Lane said...

Hello Terence! I'd like to review the 'Touched by an Angel' episode, "Perfect Little Angel", which premiered in 1998. If that doesn't fit the blogathon's criteria, then I will review the 'Touched by an Angel' episode, "A Delicate Balance", as that episode premiered in 1997.

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for "Perfect Little Angel," Sally!

Mike's Movie Room said...

I would like to write about an episode of Naked City: A Case Study of Two Savages, which aired on February 7, 1962. My blog is MIKE'S MOVIE ROOM michaelsmovieworld.blogspot.com

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Mike! Naked City is one of my favourite shows.

Jess said...

I'd love to participate and write about the first episode of THAT GIRL, 'Don't Just Stand There, Do Something!' which aired on September 8, 1966.

Jess from Box Office Poisons
https://boxofficepoisons.blogspot.com/

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Jess!

Toni Ruberto said...

Hi Terence, I know this is super late, but are you still taking ideas for the blogathon? If so, I would like to write about "Little Girl Lost" from "The Twilight Zone."

Thanks.
Toni Ruberto from Watching Forever at watchingforever.wordpress.com

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Toni!

The Metzinger Sisters said...

Hi Terence! If you could squeeze in an extra entry, I would love to write about "The Miracle Tea Party", one of my favorite episodes from The Saint. Thanks! - Constance
Silver Scenes ( silverscenesblog.blogspot.com )

Terence Towles Canote said...

I got you down for it, Constance!

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hey Terence here's my post for Day 1 of your blogathon. https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2023/03/22/falcon-crest-se-1-ep-1/

Realweegiemidget Reviews said...

Hey Terence here's my post for Day 1 of your blogathon. https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2023/03/22/falcon-crest-se-1-ep-1/

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Good morning! Here's my review of "Inmate 78" (The Magnificent Seven, 1998). Thanks for hosting this fun event again!