Wednesday, November 2, 2022

"I Love You Too Much" from The Book of Life (2014)

Today is the last day of Día de Muertos and I would rather observe the holiday than make a full-fledged blog post. For that reason I will leave you with a song from a movie that focuses on the Day of the Dead. The Book of Life is a 2014 computer animated film that begins and ends on Día  de Muertos. It centres on a wager made between La Muerte, the ruler of the Land of the Remembered, and Xibalba, ruler of the Land of the Forgotten, as to which of two boys (Manolo and Joaquin) will marry Maria Posada. Among the songs on the soundtrack is the love song "I Love You Too Much,' sang by Diego Luna as Manolo to Maria.  It was composed by Gustavo Santaolalla and Paul Williams. It is easily my favourite song on the soundtrack.

No comments: