Thursday, May 12, 2022

"Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas

This is our fourth straight day of temperatures reaching above 90 degrees Fahrenheit. We have broken temperature records most of this week. To give you an idea of how hot this is for early to mid May in Missouri, our average high temperature this year is about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course, long time readers of this blog know I have been miserable. I hate heat when combined with humidity, and for that reason I hate summer. I can somewhat handle 90+ degree temperatures in July, even though I don't like them, because I have had time to adapt to them. This May we went straight from below normal temperatures (the 50s and 60s) to temperatures that are far above normal.

Because of the heat, I am not in the mood to write a long blog post. I will then leave you with a song, namely "Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas. The song was released on July 9 1963 and ultimately peaked at no. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. The songs takes a somewhat more positive view of heat waves than I have right now, describing a person's love for a fellow in terms of rising temperatures.

No comments: