Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Rough Past Few Days

I feel as if I have to explain why I haven't made any posts in the past few days. The simple fact is that they have not been easy. Last Thursday, August 11 2021, my brother had a massive heart attack. They put in a stent and he spent a few days in hospital. He is doing fine, although he will have to have another stent put in next Tuesday. As if that wasn't enough, my cat Malcolm has been sick. We got him some hairball medication and he seems better today. I have been worried about him. I also had two friends die recently, both from cancer. One was 82, the other was in her thirties. Suffice it to say, it has not been a particularly easy time since last Thursday.

August has never been a good month for me. It was the month that my best friend from college, Ron, died. It is also the month during which my dearest Vanessa Marquez died. It is a month I usually dread. Regardless, I do hope to get back to making posts regularly later in the week.

1 comment:

Phyl said...

Glad your brother is ok. I will say a prayer his next surgery goes well. I have a cat that’s 18 so I know what you’re going through there. I will say a pray for him too.