Thursday, February 11, 2021

Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Before anything else, I want to apologize for not making a real blog post this evening. Currently I have a cold that makes it difficult to do much of anything. And please don't worry about me. It's not COVID-19. I particularly feel guilty about not making a post today as for the past few weeks A Shroud of Thoughts has been dominated by eulogies of celebrities who have died. I don't know what it is about the month of January, but I swear more celebrities die that month than any other. And, sadly, as in the case of this year, those deaths sometimes continue into February. Indeed, tomorrow I will try to get a eulogy for jazz legend Chick Corea out.

Anyway, next week I hope to put out my annual Black History Month posts. I want to write a post on Milestone Comics character Static (Nineties kids might remember the animated series Static Shock) and the film St. Louis Blues (1958), among other things.

Anyway, I will leave you with a photo of my dearest Vanessa Marquez. This is a headshot from when she was only 21. At the time her only screen credits were Stand and Deliver (1988), Night Children (1989) and the WonderWorks television movie Sweet 15 (1990). 



1 comment:

Caftan Woman said...

Take care.

Thank you for sharing that most precious photograph.