Friday, August 28, 2020

Noir Alley Returns to TCM in September

Like most Turner Classic Movies fans, I love Summer Under the Stars, the month-long block during which each day is devoted to a single star. If I am honest, however, I have to admit that there is one thing I don't like about Summer Under the Stars. For the entire month of August Noir Alley does not air. Of all the programming on TCM, Noir Alley is my favourite.

It is for that reason that I always look forward to the first weekend of September, when Noir Alley returns. What is more, this September looks to be a good one for Noir Alley. That having been said, I do have one caveat. On September 5 2020 the 12:00 AM Eastern/11:00 PM Central airing of Noir Alley is being pre-empted by the TCM End of Summer of Tour. As much as I love The Decline of Western Civilization (1981), I would rather see a film noir in that time slot! I suppose I will have to drag myself out of bed Sunday morning and undergo heavy caffeination or set the DVR.

Regardless, Noir Alley returns on September 6 2020 at the early hour of 9:00 AM Central with Night Editor (1946). I have never seen it, but it is based on an episode ("Inside Story") of the radio show of the same name that ran from 1934 to 1948. Noir Alley is back at 12:00 AM Eastern/11:00 Central on September 12 for Danger Signal (1945), which features Faye Emerson and Zachary Scott. September 19 Noir Alley is airing one of the most famous noirs of all time, Gilda (1946), with Rita Hayworth in her signature role. Finally, on September 26 2020 there's They Won't Believe Me with Robert Young and Susan Hayward.

Like other noiristas I am eager for the return of Noir Alley. In the meantime I will continue watching film noirs on my DVR, on On Demand, and on DVD every Saturday night until it comes back!

2 comments:

Caftan Woman said...

Night Editor has a good premise and a professional cast. It is good entertainment but fails to capture the time period of the memory sequence. It bothers me. I want to hear what you think. Maybe it's just me.

sqrrlygrl said...

I also LOVE Noir Alley,with its dark , delicious plots,schemes and outcomes.I was sad to find out it was on hiatus in August,but other shows seem to also in that state of 'rest and relaxation'.Eddie Muller is the HOST of HOSTS,next to TCM's Ben W who replaced the beloved Robert Osbourne.I f I had just TCM and METV, that would suffice.Thank you for your post~!