Thursday, August 20, 2020

"Mo'reen" by Paul Revere & The Raiders

Okay, those of you who know me know that August is not an easy month for me, particularly as it gets close to the 30th. That is why I haven't been posting as often as I usually do. It's for that reason that tonight I am taking the easy way out and simply sharing one of my favourite songs with you.

Ever since childhood one of my all-time favourite bands has been Paul Revere & The Raiders. My sister, who is 17 years older than I am, had a few of their albums and I listened to them often growing up. I am particularly a fan of their classic line-up, which consisted of lead vocalist Mark Lindsay, keyboardist Paul Revere, lead guitarist Jim "Harpo" Valley (and before him lead guitarist Drake Levin), bassist Phil "Fang" Volk, and drummer Mike "Smitty" Smith. In the mid-Sixties they released what I consider three of the greatest garage rock/proto-power pop albums of all time: Midnight Ride, Spirit of '67, and Revolution!.

Revolution! features one of my all time favourite Paul Revere & The Raiders songs, "Mo'reen." It is one of Paul Revere & The Raiders' heavier songs,  complete with fuzz bass. Although not as well known, I think it ranks along with "Just Like Me," "Kicks," "Hungry," and "Him Or Me – What's It Gonna Be?" as one of their best songs. Anyway, without further ado, here is "Mo'reen."

No comments: