Saturday, March 30, 2019

Some Updates

Today I was going to eulogise the great Agnès Varda, but it seems that the day has gotten away from me. As it is, it turns out I will have two more eulogies to write in addition to one for Miss Varda. This afternoon I received the sad news that Julia Lockwood Clark has died at the age of 77. Mrs. Clark was the daughter of the legendary Margaret Lockwood and very much a film star in her own right. I also saw news stories that composer Maury Laws has died at the age of 95. Mr. Laws may be best known for composing the scores of many Rankin/Bass specials and TV shows.

Today I also had the honour of being mentioned in CBR's column Comic Book Legends Revealed article "Comic Legends: How Close Did We Come to a Namor TV Show in 1954?" by Brian Cronin. Mr. Cronin quotes me from my article "Sub-Mariner the TV Series?", which I published in A Shroud of Thoughts back on September 1 2014. You can read "Comic Book Legends: How Close Did We Come to a Namor TV Show in 1954?" here. You can read my original article here. Anyhow, I want to say how very honoured I am to be mentioned in Comic Book Legends Revealed. I am a long time reader of the column and it is my favourite feature on CBR.Com.

No comments: