Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My Favourite Classic Movie Quotes

Today is National Classic Movie Day. With this in mind and having several epic blog posts to get out in the next few days, I thought I would simply list some of my favourite classic movie quotes. I have to admit that this list is not definitive. There are hundreds of classic film quotes I love, and it is hard to narrow it down to a short list like this. For every one I list, there are several others I could have!

Anyhow, without further ado, here are the quotes....

"Oh no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast." Carl Denham King Kong

"Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?" Nora Charles The Thin Man

"Life in this family is one subpoena after another." Alexander Bullock My Man Godfrey

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine." Rick Blaine Casablanca

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?" Clarence It's a Wonderful Life

"It's a bitter little world full of sad surprises, and you don't let anyone hurt you." Evelyn Hahn Hollow Triumph

"I am big! It's the pictures that got small." Norma Desmond Sunset Boulevard

"Lina. She can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance. A triple threat." Cosmo Brown Singin' in the Rain

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

"General, would you care to step outside?" Superman Superman II

No comments: