Saturday, May 12, 2018

"All I Have to Do is Dream" by The Everly Brothers

It was sixty years ago today, on May 12 1958, that "All I Have to Do is Dream" by The Everly Brothers hit number one on the Billboard Best Selling Pop Singles in Stores chart. It would be a week later that it would hit no. 1 on the Billboard Top 100 chart (the forerunner of today's Hot 100). Ultimately it would become the only song ever to top every one of Billboard's charts.

"All I Have to Do is Dream" was written by legendary songwriter Boudleaux Bryant, who had also written such songs as "Bye Bye, Love", "Wake Up, Little Susie", "Love Hurts", and many others. According to Billboard, it only took Mr. Bryant 15 minutes to write the song. The Everly Brothers recorded "All I Have to Dream" live in only two takes on March 6 1958.

Without further ado, here is "All I Have to Do is Dream" by The Everly Brothers.

1 comment:

Caftan Woman said...

Truly an occasion worth celebrating.