Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Trailer for Start the Revolution Without Me

Like many people, Gene Wilder's death has reminded me of the many wonderful movies he made. I don't know if Start the Revolution Without Me (1970) was the first Gene Wilder film I saw (it could well have been Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory), but it certainly was among the first Gene Wilder films I ever saw. And I even remember the first time I saw it. NBC aired it as a special on the afternoon of January 1 1976, which means that it was most likely the first movie I saw that year. I loved the movie as a boy and I must confess I love it still. To me it is one of the most underrated comedies of the late Sixties. I do think both Gene Wilder and Donald Sutherland were brilliant in the film.

For those of you who are curious about the film, but may have never seen it, here is the trailer for one of my favourite films of the Sixties.

No comments: