Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Get Well, Robert Osborne

If you are a fan of Turner Classic Movies, you probably already know that long time Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborne will not be able to attend this year's Turner Classic Movies Classic Film Festival. According to a letter sent to TCMFF attendees, Mr. Osborne has a minor health procedure that he had been postponing and had intended to take care of immediately after the film festival was over. His physician informed him that they should do it now so that "..later you can get back to introducing movies on TCM." As a result Mr. Osborne will not be able to attend this year's Turner Classic Movies Classic Film Festival.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that while it is disappointing that Mr. Osborne won't be able to attend this year's festival, we would much rather he see to his health so that he can continue hosting TCM for many years to come, not to mention attend many more Turner Classic Movies Classic Film Festivals.  I believe it is largely because of Robert Osborne's enthusiasm for classic films and his respect for his fellow fans that Turner Classic Movies has been the success it has over the years. Between his seemingly endless knowledge of classic film, his love for the movies themselves, his innate charm, and his affection for his fellow film buffs, I can't see how anyone can not love Mr. Osborne. I am sure them I am not alone then when I say, "Get well soon, Robert Osborne!"

2 comments:

KC said...

I agree that TCM would not be nearly the success it is without Osborne. He is the face of a whole fandom as well. I really hope he's ok.

Unknown said...

We send our good wishes too - I hope this minor procedure turns out to be just that and we can get back to show business. Get Well Soon!