Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bette Davis!

Bette Davis is one of my favourite actresses of all time. I even wrote an epic post about Miss Davis for her 100th birthday. And while she remains one of my favourite actresses of all time, I have to admit she was never a looker. But what  Miss Davis may have lacked in conventional beauty she more than made up for, as she had personality, charm, and a wit so razor sharp that her archrival Joan Crawford could not begin to compete with her. She also had a lot of raw talent. Bette Davis could do it all--comedies, dramas, romances, even horror movies. And she did it all well. In the pantheon of classic stars, Bette Davis shines among the brightest.

Having already written a post on her career, I'll simply leave you with a scene from one of my favourite movies in which she starred. Here is Bette Davis as Baby Jane, getting ready for her comeback, in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane.

No comments: