Saturday, October 18, 2008

Edie Adams Muriel Cigars Commercials

In tribute to the great Edie Adams, who recently passed, I thought I would treat my readers to some of her commercials for Muriel Cigars.

This commercial, aired in 1965, has Edie performing with legendary saxophonist Stan Getz. My apologies for the video quality.




In this particular commercial we are treated to Edie as a blonde, brunette, and redhead (she looks good as all three) in a take off on the Andrews Sisters. It's one of the later adverts, shot in colour.



Another late commercial, this one from 1971. Edie performs "Big Spender." Also appearing in the commercial is boxing champ Joe Frazier and his mom. Edie was 44 when this one was made, and she was still sexier than women half her age. Susan Anton could never replace her!



Another commercial from 1971 with Edie performing "Big Spender." It includes the classic catchphrase "Pick one up and smoke it sometime."



And, as a special treat, here is Edie Adams and the great Ernie Kovacs' appearance on What's My Life. Both are in top form!



Okay, I know I paid tribute to Edie Adams yesterday with a eulogy, but this was EDIE ADAMS!!!

No comments: