Thursday, October 20, 2005

Two Songs By The Partridge Family

Today I am in a bit of a strange mood. For whatever reason I am thinking of The Partridge Family. I watched the show loyally as a child, although I cannot say I have been a big fan of it as an adult. I watched it a few years ago and it seemed to me to be a fairly standard sitcom, albeit with songs. Strangely enough, given my musical tastes, I still like a lot of The Partidge Family's songs. Their biggest hit was probably "I Think I Love You." I honestly think that song sums up the whole experience of falling in love, complete with the fear that comes with it, better than most songs. Another big hit of their was "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted." Like "I Think I Love You" it wasn't the happiest song in the world, in fact even less happy than "I Think I Love You." These days the song may be most famous for being used in The X-Files episode "Betty," where it was the soundtrack for a murder. Aside from that Cass Elliot song used in this season's premiere of Lost, it may have been the most sinister use of a pop song in a TV show. They also had a hit with the song "I Woke Up in Love This Morning," but I don't find myself in the mood for that one--not like I am "I Think I Love You" and "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted."

Anyhow, without further adieu, here they are:

"Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted" by The Partridge Family

"I Think I Love You" by The Partridge Family

No comments: