Sunday, July 3, 2005

A New Look

As you can obviously see, the blog has a brand new three column template, or a template with two sidebars, if you prefer. I took the "Faintly Victorian" template from Eris Designs and tweaked it to look a bit more like Blogger's "Minima Black." I also made a few other changes to make it more to my liking (like changing the way Eris did the comments to the way Blogger does them). I suppose one might call it "Dark Victorian." Or maybe "Gothic." LOL. I don't know if I'll put my blinkies back up or not, although I am considering it. At any rate, it's good to have a two sidebar template again, not to mention a blog that doesn't look like every other blog! I haven't tested it in any resolutions other than 1024 by 768. If it looks strange in your resolution, then let me know. Also let me know if you think the new template looks absolutely dreadful (no one wants an ugly blog, especially not me...).

Those of you who love DVDs might want to take a look in the cheap bins at your local WalMart. It used to be that WalMart (at least the one here in Randolph County) didn't really have too many good movies and so on in their cheap bins, but of late I have found quite a few there. I picked up a copy of Sneakers tonight (for those of you have never heard of that film, it is a wonderful caper movie from 1992). Our local WalMart also had copies of Gladiator, Total Recall, The Whole Wide World, the 1966 version of Batman, episodes of I Love Lucy, and many other fairly good DVDs for only $5.50!

By the way, I didn't make a post Friday and I forgot all about it yesterday, but to my good neighbours to the north I'd like to wish a belated happy Canada Day! As to my fellow Americans, if I don't make a post tomorrow, have a Happy 4th of July!

No comments: