Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Some Doo-Wop of a Morning...

Lately this song has been going through my head a lot. I have always liked doo-wop music, ever since I was a kid. Short of "Runaround Sue" and "The Duke of Earl," this is probably the greatest doo-wop song of all time. And one of the best rock 'n' roll love songs ever written. I must say that it certainly fits how I feel of late...

"Since I Don't Have You"--The Skyliners

According to legend, the manager of the Skyliners, Joe Rock, wrote "Since I Don't Have You" in 1958 while sitting at a stop light on his way to a rehearsal. He had just had his heart broken by a young woman who decided to become a flight attendant rather than remain with him The song's melody was written by Jimmy Beaumont, leader of the Skyliners. The song went to #12 on Billboard's pop charts and has been covered numerous times ever since (even Guns 'N' Roses have done a version).

No comments: